Learn more about Porta Hotels
Porta Hotels is an exclusive collection of luxury boutique hotels located in truly unique settings around Guatemala. Since opening our doors, we’ve received numerous awards for our exceptional hospitality and hotel amenities. Below you will find some of our most recent accolades.
Porta Hotels’ operations are based on three fundamental principles of sustainability: business, cultural and environmental. Therefore, we seek to reduce the negative impacts that may be caused to the environment. This commitment guarantees our clients develop a quality destination, ensuring development opportunities to our employees and future generations.
Porta Hotels is committed to remaining one of the most sustainable hotel collections in Guatemala with a range of innovative, green-friendly features, programs and initiatives. In the daily operations and design plans of each of our hotels, we consistently strive to minimize our carbon footprint and preserve and protect the precious natural resources of our surroundings for future generations.
Thanks to the efforts we have made, four of our six hotels (Porta Hotel Antigua, Casa Encantada, Porta Hotel del Lago and Hotel Pan American) have been certified by Rainforest Alliance. We are working hard to certify them all and we do hope to achieve this goal soon.
Our Specific Objectives
Through our operations, we strive to be an efficient and economically profitable company for shareholders and offer personal development for employees, complying with all regulations and laws.
- Our recruitment and selection of staff ensures that 80% of hiring is of local people
- Comply 100% of financial targets set by shareholders and owners
- Provide our employees sustainable economic benefits and expand their skills to contribute to the development of their family, their community and, therefore, the company.
Focusing our activities to sustainable development of the communities where we operate properties, we are dedicated to implementing actions that strengthen the appreciation of the culture and quality of life for present and future generations.
- Announce to all our clients and guests the small, local producers and entrepreneurs in the area to promote the consumption of regional products.
- Support 80% of projects’ requests that are made to the company if they meet the required specifications of our sustainability policy.
- Develop five activities and/or projects a year to ensure the contribution to economic development, cultural preservation and rescue of the communities where the company works.
Minimizing the negative impacts caused by our activities, we’re focused on efficiency and an awareness of the use of resources that implement specific actions for the conservation of the environment as well as inform and educate local people, employees and customers on good practices.
- Encourage 100% of our employees to execute all methods of saving and waste management they apply to their daily work within the company in their home practices as well.
- Increase by 4% saving and efficient use of recyclable materials produced within the company.
- Perform five activities and/or projects a year that concentrate on nature conservation, reduction of negative environmental impacts and revitalization of the area in which we operate properties.